Saturday, January 25, 2020

Amsterdam

While it was great to be back in Europe and get a few good hours of sleep, this was the toughest race mentally given the cold start and the toll of the previous four races. The good thing is the pain in my quads wasn’t the main issue, it was other pains spread throughout my body that I felt - so a clear positive there. I really leveraged the support and energy that so many people have given. 

We started the race in a Dutch forest, with a man on a bike showing us the course around a lake and dyke. I’m only surprised there wasn’t a windmill on the course. 

I managed to come in with a time of 3:45 after doing eight laps around the lake. I listened to my wife’s typical running playlist, so that felt good to have her with me mentally. 

Off to NY tonight, and will get to see some friends and my wife’s family, so that should be fun. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1EVJyBIKDiPxOnxBhvbGUM0k1cDYlzw-Q

Again, the place to support me (and more importantly, the kids and families via the Children’s Fund at Stanford Children’s Hospital) is through the links below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment