Sunday, January 26, 2020

NYC pain

Just finished the marathon in New York. My face is probably frozen in a grimace as I had to nurse a swollen ankle through the 26.2 miles in the cold. I managed to come in with a time of 3:54. I felt the ankle ballooning on the flight yesterday. I am now icing and will take my first bout of ibuprofen for the swelling. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=11thJeENd01u9mG5oQkvhd0QdD_m1lhrY

Nonetheless , it was great to be back in my old home of NY, and to have six marathons under my belt. On to Chile tonight, where we pretty much have to run straight after the flight lands in Punta Arenas. 

We may have a very short turnaround if a flight window opens up very early to get into Antarctica. So, it could be that the last two marathons are just a few hours apart. 

Feeling strong though, and absolutely determined to see this through.

 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1yy8e0WatlumKAfxqlPh6Zmnmh5eNhztW

I’m having to nurse my left ankle, but the pain is manageable at least. 


4 comments:

  1. You’ve got this!!! Good luck in 🌶🌶!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck, Brendan, your LPCH team is rooting for you, you got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks chronic pain management

    ReplyDelete