Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Singapore- race three

I felt pretty good just before the start of the race at 5am this morning, despite the just two hours of sleep. Once the horn went for the start of the race, I just said, “oh oh,” as the pain in my quads let itself be known. However, I managed to power through that and then just had the heat and humidity to deal with. 

Thankfully we started the race before sunrise to escape the worst of the heat. This was the toughest of the races so far, but I managed to come in just a second or so under four hours. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iJmyuEVWn9Kic_gRfoGg8zwhOTDFf9DC

Now to the airport for the next trip. This one will be long as we go to Dubai and then onto Cairo. Hopefully I don’t cramp up on the airplane. I knew that was part of the challenge of this adventure though, so I’m ready to deal with it. 


4 comments:

  1. Great job Brendan! Almost half way through- WOW!! You got this. Here’s hoping Singapore was your most challenging in terms of the weather & lack of sleep. So proud of you! We are all with you!! Btw- loving the blog. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing adventure to follow and couldn't find a better cause! Keep up your spirits and strength as you move forward through this monumental accomplishment. Can't wait to see you final finish - NO DOUBT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Brendan!!! So proud to have you representing Stanford Childrens Health around the world. We are all rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete