Friday, January 24, 2020

Cairo

So that was an amazing experience. I felt like my running hero, Eliud Kipchoge, when he ran sub two hours. There were pacers with me for both half’s of the race; the only difference was that they weren’t there for wind resistance but to shield from stray dogs and traffic!

They were incredibly inspiring people with great stories, and one of them was a girl from Ireland who ran with me for about four or five miles, and grew up close to where I’m from. 

It was incredible to run in the streets of Cairo and then along the Nile. I feel strong, and finished in about 3:54 or so. I just reached the half way point and over the races I was worried about. The next big concern in tonight with a very short connection in Rome to Amsterdam. That’s pretty much out of my control though, so I’m not going to stress about it. Que sera, sera. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ZsbJkD7dRZmIjBZSwJdZlPHMxRuI2AE-

4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Halfway there! You’ve got this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! Stay strong. Half way! May the God's allow you some sleep on this leg of the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration to those of us that are more "mature"! Run Brendan, Run!!

    ReplyDelete