Friday, January 10, 2020

Getting ready

I’m starting to pack as I start to taper off on my training. I am packing my race clothes for each marathon in gallon zip lock bags so I can be properly prepared. The way it will work (hopefully if there are no delays that create a knock-on effect), we will run the marathon in the morning, get a quick shower and then leave for the airport to get to the next destination. We typically will land at night and get to spend a few hours in a hotel before running the locally organized marathons.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1bMYBub-OGHvy4Q7ITeN1lbgO8e0UEY3a

My training went well, but I have no way of knowing what the effect of jet lag will have on me. I hope to catch an hour or so of sleep in my coach seat on the airplane. One thing for sure, the extraordinary generosity of the folks who donated will definitely help will me on the put one leg in front of the other. 

For those kind folks who donated, please know that the reason I chose the Children’s Fund is because this money directly goes to support care for thousands of kids and expectant moms. No family is ever turned away from this great hospital due to their financial circumstances. I happen to be fortunate to see such great care close up, so it’s inspiring to witness great generosity to something so worthy. 

The link to the LPCH fundraising page is: https://my.supportlpch.org/BrendanRunsSevenContinentsPlusOne




No comments:

Post a Comment